ARM Initialization Question

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Sep 15 17:08:15 UTC 2008

Bassem Fahmy wrote:
> hi
> i'm doing a bsp for SAM7 which is an arm with code in ROM, so i can get
> the rom version of this linker file and  how to use the function you are
> talking about to detect work area so that we can standarise it.
[...]

I have not yet a ROM version since the board variant with flash has not
yet arrived.  I may post an untested version tomorrow.  The work area
function is quite simple:

#include <bsp/linker-symbols.h>
#include <bsp/bootcard.h>

void bsp_get_work_area(
   void   **work_area_start,
   size_t  *work_area_size,
   void   **heap_start,
   size_t  *heap_size
)
{
   *work_area_start = bsp_section_work_area_start;
   *work_area_size = (size_t) bsp_section_work_area_size;
   *heap_start = BSP_BOOTCARD_HEAP_USES_WORK_AREA;
   *heap_size = BSP_BOOTCARD_HEAP_SIZE_DEFAULT;
}

--
Sebastian Huber, Embedded Brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
PGP     : Public key available on request