About the NDS bsp

Tim Cussins timcussins at eml.cc
Wed Sep 10 08:57:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:42 +0200, John Pickwick wrote:
> Hi,
> Please, can anyone give me clues about the present status of the NDS
> (nintendo DS) BSP in RTEMS 4.8.x ? Is it included in the "ARM" bunch of BSPs
> ?
>
> How does it work when you get an executable ? I guess you need some kind of
> pseudo-card with SDflash on it to insert this in the GBA or the SLOT1 port ?
> Any useful links on that point (I'm not interested in ROM stuff here, I'm
> just wondering for RTEMS) ?

I haven't used the port (yet) but you might want to have a read through
some homebrew docs for nds - I started here:

http://www.patater.com/files/projects/manual/manual.html

The first few chapters explaing the basics of running homebrew code.

I use a CycloDS Evolution (Slot1 (not GBA), with microSD). It does DLDI
patching on-the-fly, which is cool.

> I saw on wikipedia that there was 2 processors in the NDS, which one should
> be addressed for RTEMS ?

If the rtems port follows the usual homebrew usage, your code will
mostly be for the arm9. It is common to build a general purpose image
for the arm7 and simply reuse it. Basic arm7 images can be build for
sound support, and wifi support, so it's a matter of choosing one that
suits.

HTH