network based console?

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Sun Sep 14 00:08:23 UTC 2008

Till Straumann wrote, On 09/13/2008 02:09 PM:
> Another idea: if you're just interested in stdout/stderr
> then it could be better & easier to use a UDP socket
> or e.g, the syslog facility.

Yes, that was my original intention to use syslog which I used in the
past. I can always do that and could redefine my printf's to the
appropriate syslog output call. However, had been reading about the
telnetd/pty/shell stuff and thought maybe it would do this too with no
changes and give me a stdin too with no changes to printf, read etc.