lm32 gdb core dumps

Jukka Pietarinen jukka.pietarinen at mrf.fi
Thu Apr 2 11:38:25 UTC 2009

I'm spending time with the lm32 port again and it seems that nothing is
working anymore (at least in the sim). I have traced down the problem up
to a point where the heap is running into the stack. I'm confused
because this happens during the call to
rtems_initialize_data_structures() in shared bootcard.c

I thought the heap wouldn't be initialized before a call to
bootcatd_bsp_libc_helper, but I get several calls to
_Heap_Block_allocate before that and the last call fails when the heap
runs into the stack.

On another issue: currently I'm unable to test this on hardware as the
Lattice gdb does not work with the binaries produced with the
lm32-rtems4.10 toolchain rpms and I have not managed get the toolchain
gdb to talk to the JTAG hardware :(

Thanks,
Jukka