powerpc interrupt handling

Kate Feng feng1 at bnl.gov
Thu Apr 2 15:52:48 UTC 2009

Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Jennifer Averett wrote:
>
>> I'm working with RTEMS 4.9 at an offsite location and am a little
>> confused about what the correct interrupt handler call to use for new
>> and updated powerpc ports.  There seem to be several that exist.
>>
>> rtems_interrupt_handler_install
>>

> This one if it is available (= BSPs that use
> c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/include/irq-generic.h etc.)
>

>> bsp_interrupt_handler_install
>>

> In which header file is this one?
>

>> BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler/BSP_install_rtems_shared_irq_handler
>>

> These are from my point of view obsolete.

Not from my point of view.

BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler/BSP_install_rtems_shared_irq_handler

are for  BSP  that uses powerpc new-exceptions.  However, I would like
to suggest if it could be combined into one name as

BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler

The BSP_SHARED_HANDLER_SUPPORT defined in irq/irq.h would
decide if it should be shared or not.

Just a thought or suggestion.

Kate