Summer of Code Students

Mon Apr 20 19:32:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

The announcement was made just minutes ago so I
want to pass along the news.  RTEMS has 6 students
funded by Google Summer of Code this summer.
In addition, OAR is adding to the Google donation
and funding a seventh student.  She will be treated
the same except I will have to ask to get her a
GSoC T-Shirt. :)

Google will be allowing projects to designate co-mentors
after things settled and we will do that.

I am especially happy this year that we have mentors
from other projects -- Eric Weddington who is the
one of the AVR tool maintainers and Michael Kang who
is maintainer of Skyeye.

Accepted students should review
http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/SoC_Project_Management
for my suggestions based upon discussions with various
students and mentors.  I am sure there can be improvements.

If your project was not slotted, we want you to know
the competition was very stiff and it was nothing personal.
Every project proposed was interesting and we would be
happy to work with you in a mentoring capacity to bring
it to reality.

Google Summer of Code Funded
============================
Cocan Lucian Marius (cocan)
  RunTime Tracing
  Mentor: Chris Johns
Aanjhan Ranganathan (tuxmaniac)
  MMU Support in RTEMS
  Mentor: Thomas Doerfler
Santosh G Vattam (dr__house)
  Coverage Analysis
  Mentor: Joel Sherrill
Xi Yang (yangxi)
  RTEMS BSP, Automatic Testing Framework
  and Nano-X For Skyeye PXA255 And EP9312 Targets
  Mentor: Ray Xu (help from Michael Kang)
JiSheng Zhang (absabs)
  Dynamic Object File Loading
  Mentor: Alan Cudmode
Josh Switnicki (switnick)
  TinyRTEMS (AVR Port)
  Mentor: Eric Weddington

OAR/RTEMS Summer of Code Funded
Roxana Leontie (roxanal)
  Nano-X/MicroWindows for RTEMS
  Mentor: Aaron Grier

Remember!! Even though they have a mentor assigned,
this is a community effort.  I want them on the mailing
list as much as possible and to benefit from the breadth
of knowledge this community has.

Be nice to them and let's have a great summer.