Build now works, new failure.

Andrew Sporner asporner at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 13 20:54:12 UTC 2009

Hi Joel,

> Do you see libmisc/shell/main_halt.c getting built?
> Do you see any mismatch in spelling grep'ing for halt in
> libmisc/shell?  I don't and tested this.

Yes I did because I put a syntax error in the file to see if
the compiler would complain and it did.  (lazy way, but it
works).

Not only that the symbol was in the library:

$ nm libshell.a | grep rtems_shell_HALT_Command
00000000 D rtems_shell_HALT_Command
               U rtems_shell_HALT_Command

  -- and --

$ nm libshell.a | grep rtems_shell_HALT_Command
00000000 D rtems_shell_HALT_Command
              U rtems_shell_HALT_Command

> I expected that it was missed in the Makefile.am but it is
> there.

I noticed that too.  I looked for an older command to compare
differences in how the stuff was showing (or not showing) up
and could find no differences, so frankly I was stuck.

>> wrote this probably would be a lot more efficient at this.
>
> Subtle  hint. :)

Only subtle :-)  [like a 2x4].  I will promise to do more independantly
as the learning curve comes down a bit.  I am more used the the
BSD's and this approach is a little new to me.

I appreciate what ever kind of light you might be able to shine
on this.

Andy

PS.  Once I get past this initial stuff, I would like to tackle the open
project about updating TCP/IP.  This is one of my expert areas.  I even
wrote a very simplified stack a few years ago.