What is the current situation regarding GNAT Ada on ARM7?

Tue Apr 14 14:05:47 UTC 2009

Mike Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in running GNAT Ada with Ravenscar tasking (a simplified subset
> of Ada tasking) on ARM7 hardware such as the LPC2000 family.  I did a search of
> the list archives and saw a discussion on this but it was almost 3 years old.
> So I'm wondering if anybody can tell me the current situation running Ada on top
> of RTEMS for the ARM7, and in particular, with the Ravenscar limitations.
I don't see any more recent test results but it looked pretty good
for 4.4 a few months ago:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-09/msg01305.html

# of expected passes 2305
# of unexpected failures 7
# of unsupported tests 3

> And,
> if anybody has this information, how large the total runtime is likely to be.

No idea off the top of my head.

You can check out gcc-testing from the rtems cvs repository
and use the scripts there to build a test toolset and run the tests.

Once we get moved, I will be running all the tests again.  The
test build machines are starting to go offline here. :)

--joel