linux/posix port compiling problem

Wei-Tsun Sun wsun013 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 19:26:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:45:20 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <ralf.corsepius at rtems.org> wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> > Looking at the patch, it looks like it boils down to 3 things:
> >
> > + disable shell for posix port (easier to drop it from building at all).
> Well, rtems shell got infected with with newlib-proprietary,
> non-portable construct.

I am not very familiar with libmisc yet, but `shell` looks an important thing to me, or it does not look like its name to be...as a proper shell ?

> IMO, we should get rid of them and either re-write the code or abandon it.
>
> > + use *.o on command line instead of from file with ar (why?)
> IMO, this patch doesn't make much sense.

When I built rtems, sometimes rel files were not generated for some wrapups, and "ls" generated an error code which stopped the building process
due to "file (*.rel) not found".