questions to spfatal07 and unlimited tests

Christian Mauderer Christian.Mauderer at embedded-brains.de
Thu Aug 20 12:52:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've questions to two tests of the rtems testsuite:

First question is to spfatal07 out of sptests. The test has the
following force_error function:
void force_error()
{
  Configuration.interrupt_stack_size = (STACK_MINIMUM_SIZE-1);
  rtems_initialize_data_structures();

  /* we will not run this far */
}
But if i look up the interrupt_stack_size field, there is the following
comment:
  /** This field specifies the size of the interrupt stack.  If less than or
   *  equal to the minimum stack size, then the interrupt stack will be of
   *  minimum stack size.
   */
  uint32_t                       interrupt_stack_size;
This comment seems to say that the error is caught and therefore the
test tests something, what cannot appear.
Can anyone approve that?

My second question is to the unlimited test out of samples.
In the file system.h is the following line without any comment to the value:
 #define TASK_ALLOCATION_SIZE     (5)
Then the CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS  is defined with the following line:
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS
rtems_resource_unlimited(TASK_ALLOCATION_SIZE)
In the rtems_resource_unlimited this value will be conjuncted with
RTEMS_UNLIMITED_OBJECTS with a logical OR.
I would like to know where this value 5 comes from.

Best regards,
Christian Mauderer

--
Christian Mauderer, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-1
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9
E-Mail  : christian.mauderer at embedded-brains.de