Getting processor idle time

Wed Aug 19 11:52:38 UTC 2009

Martin Grim wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> During the RTEMS course in Munich, last Juli, we spoke about getting the processor idle time. I understood this was fairly easy to do, but unfortunatly my notes on this are not exclusive enough. Could somebody give me some hints on how to get the processor idle time? I am able to get the complete CPU list, but this is overdone for my application.

That's what my class notes say also.  Easy to do.  Not so easy to
get the time to implement it. :D

It will require reducing the reporting method
(libmisc/cpuuse/cpuusagereport.c)
so where it focuses only on total time and that consumed by _Thread_Idle.

So copy that file and start reducing it. When done, compare the code to the
report routine and see if there is any shared code that can be
refactored into
helpers.

--joel