Executable size

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 23 15:28:11 UTC 2009

Leon,

AFAIK the debug inforamtion added to the ELF file goes much more into
details now. So maybe this can be a reason. Are the 4.5Meg the ELF file
size or the code size? If it is the debug info, you may want to strip it
with *objcopy.

Merry Christmas,

Thomas.

Leon Pollak schrieb:
> Hello, all.
>
> I am trying to upgrade from 4.8.0 to 4.9.3.
> After some small battles, I succeeded to have the working application - seems
> to work as before upgrade.
>
> The only problem is that the debug executable under debug RTEMS was 1,040KiB
> while under 4.9.3 it is now... be brave :-) ... 4,520KiB. !!!
>
> Studying the map file I did not see some rough major problem - the application
> part is almost identical, but the system (compiler & rtems) part is so
> different that I am not bale to follow the differences...:-(
>
> Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler           Obere Lagerstr. 30
D-82178 Puchheim          Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9