Executable size

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Dec 24 13:29:39 UTC 2009

Hello, all.

OK, I think, I am on the right way. Just need a small hint form gurus...

More detailed study of the map file shows that ALL the components excluding
librtemscpu.a remained with almost the same size.
But all the references to .../lib/librtemscpu.a increased their text size
significantly. And this increasing counts all the difference of about 3MiB!

For example, reference to
- IMFS_fcntl in 4.8.0 shows 0x2c size, while 4.9.3 - 0x16E8;
- _Thread_Handler was 0x218 and became 0x2C48;
- rtems_bsdnet_malloc_mbuf was 0x44 and became 0x4C30

and so on....

Where can I look further?

Thanks ahead.
--