JFFS2 porting status

Chris Chelmecki chris.chelmecki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:04:03 UTC 2009

Hello All,

I'm new to RTEMS and am investigating using it in a project on a
powerpc(MPC5121- e300 core).  One of the things we would need is a
robust flash file system.  I've found multiple posts in the list
archives suggesting people are in the process of porting JFFS2 to
RTEMS.  What is the current status?  Is it close to completion, or
something that I could finish?  I have started looking at the RTEMS FS
Design guide.  Any additional thoughts on basic porting strategies
specific to JFFS2 and how much work it would be for me to start from
scratch?

Thanks for the help,

Chris Chelmecki
Embedded Software Engineer