rtems_region_create, and starting_memory address.

Nick Thomas nick.thomas at pixsan.com
Wed Feb 4 20:23:55 UTC 2009

This is getting more frustrating by the minute.

Whatever I do, it just makes it worse.

Now, I seem to have an infinite loop in _Heap_Allocate.
It looks like it is calling _Workspace_Allocate, with a size of 96.

But, when I break into the code, it is spinning in a for() loop in
_Heap_Allocate function.
Probably trying to find a big enough free block.

>From gdb 'info locals'
I see:
 The_size=100
 Search_count = 5293661
 The_block = (Heap_Block *)0x0
 Ptr = (void *) 0x0
 Stats = (Heap_Statistics * const) 0x7dc428
 Tail = (Heap_Block * const) 0x7dc400

Now, 0x7dc400 corresponds with my _Workspace_Area from the .num file.

I just don't have a clue to what is going wrong, is it stack, heap,
something else???

Please help, RTEMS is driving me mad.

Thanks in advance.