Rtems for a space project

Mon Jan 12 15:21:08 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> Massimo Tipaldi schrieb:
>
>> Dear Ralf,
>>
>> for all the steps that I have perfomed, see my e-mails on rtems-users
>> (find Massimo Tipaldi);
>>

>  > In particular, take a look at:
>
>> 1) RTEMS/QEMU/GRUB on Windows (07 Jan 2009 11:03:52 +0100)
>> 2) RTEMS/QEMU/GRUB on Windows (08 Jan 2009 16:49:58 +0100)
>>

> Sigh, RTEMS+QEMU+GRUB + Window... at least 4 non-trivial sources of
> issues at one time.

Agreed.  I built 4.9 over the weekend at home (on Linux
admittedly) and it produced the same format files
for an installed RTEMS that it did for executables built inside
the tree.

Since you mention moving the executable from one location
to another, is it possible, you broke the qemu setup doing so?
qemu is very sensitive to having everything right.

This is the command my scripts use.

qemu -cpu 486 -m 8 -boot a -fda /home/joel/qemu/pc386_fda \
  -hda fat:/home/joel/qemu/hd \
  -monitor null -nographic -serial stdio --no-reboot

I have a floppy image that boots test.exe from the hd0.  This
is the grub menu for the above.

timeout=0
default=0
serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
terminal serial
title=  Automatically Run Test
kernel= (hd1,0)/test.exe

RTEMS is configured to USE_COM1_AS_CONSOLE=1.