New floating point Wiki page

Peters, Kenneth J kenneth.j.peters at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 13 15:16:30 UTC 2009

The issue where building the RTEMS kernel with "-msoft-float" removes all floating-point context handling from RTEMS seems to rise up periodically. It seems to result from many BSPs (the sparc ones are examples) setting CPU_HARDWARE_FP FALSE as a result of using -msoft-float to compile the kernel, so that kernel FP support is defined out. Since the only explanations of this are scattered around the mailing list archives, I have written a Wiki page titled "Floating Point Support" (under "How To's") to try to provide a complete explanation. Please take a look and correct my mistakes.

Ken Peters