[GSOC]Dynamic object file loading:basic working version

JiSheng Zhang jszhang3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 04:21:36 UTC 2009

Hi Dr.Joel,

2009/7/10 Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com>:
> Good job!
>
> Random questions:
>
> + unload_library isn't implemented yet in the linker.c
on TODO list, it's simple;)
> + does the loaded library get a call to initialize itself?
Do you mean the initialization used for constructor in c++? Will be
added in next week.
> + will you need some help getting a comparable demo
>  application on RTEMS?
Thanks, Once I come across a problem, I will ask on maillist
> + The code uses at least pthread_mutex.  This means that
>  it will require POSIX to be enabled in RTEMS.  Is this the
>  only thing forcing RTEMS POSIX thread support to be
>  enabled?  [NOTE: I don't know if this is a big deal or not.
>  at this point, it is just a requirement on the code.]
Hmmm, pthread_mutex can be replaced by rtems_semapohore, the real
problem is that the code uses open\read\lseek etc. Are these functions
included in POSIX? Are there rtems' native functions?
> + Is this really as self-contained as it looks? :-D
>
> And can you update the google docs page that has
> the general SoC Status for all RTEMS projects?  If
OK, I will update it tonight or tomorrow
> I didn't send you permission, just ping me and I
> will add you.
>
> --joel
Regards,
JiSheng