mvme6100 support

Feng, Kate feng at bnl.gov
Fri Jul 17 01:51:34 UTC 2009

I wrote and upgraded the mvme5500 BSP to disco BSP to support the
mvme6100 board.  At that time, the performance of the network on
the mvme6100 board was not important, but the decision for the
choice of H/W for my project was urgent.  Thus, the code for
the network is not really ready for a formal release yet.  It seems that the
network code for beatnik BSP needs to be  optimized or rewritten  as well
based on the version I obtained from Till Straumann a while ago.
I do not know if he had any chance to improve the netowrk
performance ever since then.

At this point, I have at least two other higher priority tasks to be
completed before I have a chance to  finish rewriting the network
code for the mvme6100 board to boost up its performance, although it
could be a fun project.

Cheers,
Kate