C compiler cannot create executables

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 28 07:23:13 UTC 2009

Martin,

can you give us more information? Specifically:
- which host OS / host CPU class (32 bit/64 bit)
- which RTEMS tool versions
- which autoconf/automake version
- which target (I assume LEON?)
- which PATH have you when trying to build the compiler
- how did you configure the compiler?
- did you already install the proper binutils first?

Thank you,

Thomas.

Martin Grim wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I ran into the "C compiler cannot create executables" error. I did follow the remark on the wiki to fix my c compiler with the "apt-get install libc-dev". However, the problem remains. Does anybode have an other lead which I could follow to solve this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martin

Embedded Brains GmbH
Thomas Doerfler        Obere Lagerstrasse 30
D-82178 Puchheim       Germany
email: Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Phone: +49-89-18908079-2
Fax:   +49-89-18908079-9