Integrating Micromonitor Support Into RTEMS

Thu Jun 11 18:18:39 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am close to having the Micromonitor application
support code working completely with RTEMS.  This
includes the "monlib" functionality which allows
you to utilize a LOT of functionality provided by
the monitor as well as Ed Sutter's "TFS RTEMS
Filesystem".  Micromonitor has its own file system
and his TFS filesystem allows you to mount this
and access it via monitor support.

The code will obviously only work on boards with
Micromonitor but since Micromonitor supports
many boards across multiple architectures and this
code is BSP independent, I am feeling a tug to
put it into CPU Kit since it only requires 1 BSP
method to support it.

The alternative is to put it in libbsp/shared and
make every BSP that wants to use it, add rules to
their Makefile.am.

Any suggestions?  Thoughts?