RTEMS code and data overhead estimation for SPARC

Tue Jun 30 17:31:01 UTC 2009

Wendell Pereira da Silva wrote:

> Hi RTEMS users,
>

> I found a document titled “RTEMS SPARC Application Supplement”
> (http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/releases/rtemsdocs-4.6.0/share/rtems/pdf/sparc.pdf)
> which illustrates a useful tool to estimate a memory budget (page 27)
> in terms of the number of RTEMS objects. Does somebody know an
> upgraded version of this document for RTEMS 4.8.0 or latter? Is there
> another “tool” which allows for such estimations?

That documentation was very difficult to keep up to date and
since it did not reflect the dependencies of including a manager,
we quit updating it.  It reflected pulling in the entire contents
of the manager if I remember correctly.

The page you are looking at is probably the output of spsize in
the sptests.  Hopefully it is accurate.  If in doubt, audit it against
the similar math in confdefs.h.

--joel