Microseconds per tick

Manuel Coutinho manuel.coutinho at edisoft.pt
Fri Mar 27 09:26:34 UTC 2009

Hi

Yes, you can only ask RTEMS to wait (task wait, wait for semaphore, message
queue, etc) for an integer number of clock ticks.

You should define the number of microseconds per tick as the greatest common
divisor (GCD) of all the time intervals you need.

Example:

Task wake after for 10 000 us and semaphore wait for a maximum of 12 000 us
=> the GCD of these numbers is 2000 us.

Therefore a clock tick should be 2000 us and the task should wake after 5
clock ticks and the semaphore for 6 clock ticks.

Kind regards

Manuel Coutinho

  _____