Bug with clock nanoseconds

Mon Mar 30 16:49:10 UTC 2009

Manuel Coutinho wrote:

> Hi
>

> We have discovered a bug of RTEMS relating to the clock. Even though
> we only tested it for the ERC32 board (for now), we believe it is
> common throughout all the targets.

No you have discovered a bug in the ERC32's get nanoseconds since last
tick handler.
Apparently it doesn't recognize that is has been longer than a tick
since the last clock
tick.  It should determine that is has overflowed and return 1 clock
tick + partial clock
tick.

It is returning the wrong answer.