Google SoC 2009 Idea

Mon Mar 2 20:46:40 UTC 2009

Bassem Fahmy wrote:

>  Hi,
> I'm a software engineer from egypt. i graduated a long time ago, but
> i'm very interested in developing for RTEMS. i have developed BSP for
> SAM7 and working on other projects now. i wonder if it is possbile to
> participate in Google SoC. if possible how to do it and what are the
> ideas that need to implement. any links for this project would be great.

GSoC is exclusively students.  Google has rules posted but the
short list (from memory so check the FAQ):

+ must be enrolled on April 20, 2009
+ must be >= 18 years old on April 20, 2009

There are further rules about legal work status.  The details are
here:

http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2009/faqs.html

My reading is that you are not a current student and thus are
not eligible. We would be happy to work with you if you want to
take on one of the projects.  The RTEMS Project always welcomes
contributors.

--joel

--joel