RTEMS in Google Summer of Code 2009

Thu Mar 19 14:31:30 UTC 2009

xi yang wrote:
> Hi, Joel
> Are you going to submit "Hypervisor providing ARINC-653 capabilities"
> project? I think this is a really interesting project for Google
> Summer of Code. I have done some works about porting RTEMS on top of
> L4, which was the main work of my undergraduate thesis. If we support
> ARINC API in RTEMS and ARINC Executive and Scheduler in L4 kernel,
> RTEMS is able to support ARINC-653 (L4 kernel executes in kernel code
> and RTEMS executes in user mode as a server of L4) . Will you be the
> mentor of this project ?

First .. it takes a student to apply so no one really knows which
projects will be accepted.  We have no idea how many slots there
will be available to each organization.  I am not discouraging you
just saying it is in google's hands. :)

I don't know who would be the mentor but it would likely be me.
I don't know of anyone other core developer who has expressed
interest in this one.
> "RTEMS on L4" is included in the attachment, which is my undergraduate thesis.

No attachment. :)

If it is OK, can I mirror it on the ftp site?

--joel