i got error with runing ticker.exe from Quick Start

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Mar 20 16:55:57 UTC 2009

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Konstantin Volkov wrote:

>> directory) i got the error sparc-rtems4.10-gdb:error while loading
>> shared libraries: libexpat.so.0:
>> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libexpat.so.0? Which distribution's rpm did you use to convert?

>> why it can not find the file from ticker directory (there is
>> ticket.exe in ticket directory
>> )
>> why it answered what sparc-rtems4.10-gdb is not exist comand?
>>
> Since you used alien to convert the RPMs to Debian, you didn't
> get the dependencies processed magically for you.  I don't know
> where that library comes from on Ubuntu.

According to http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages, Debian ships
libexpat.so.1 in its libexpat1.

=> The rpm based distro you used is likely incompatible to Debian/Ubuntu.
=> The package you would have to install is likely called libexpat1

Ralf