i got error with runing ticker.exe from Quick Start

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sat Mar 21 03:57:05 UTC 2009

Daron Chabot wrote:
> Don't shoot the messenger... :-)
It wasn't meant this way.

IMO, it's simply that the OP chose to import/convert a set of rpms which
  is incompatible to his OS, rsp. that his installation might be
incomplete (e.g. missing a package)

> I don't think Ubuntu Intrepid (8.10) has this problem: Konstantin,
> what version of ubuntu are you using ?

A quick check through the rpms tells:

* The only packages, which are linked against libexpat are the gdbs.
Neither GCC nor binutils are linked against libexpat.

* Fedora 9/10 and SuSE-10.3 compiled gdbs use libexpat.so.1, while
CentOS 4/5 compiled gdbs use libexpat.so.0

=> Presuming the hosting Debian/Ubuntu distros are packaged correctly,
- on Debian/Ubuntu distros providing libexpat.so.0, the candidate set of
rpms to convert to deb would be CentOS* compiled rpms.
- on Debian/Ubuntu distros providing libexpat.so.1, the candidate set of
rpms to convert to deb would be Fedora* compiled rpms.

Ralf