Real Time Clock

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at embedded-brains.de
Mon May 11 11:45:10 UTC 2009

Ralf,

if I got Sebastians proposal right, he tends to convert the existing
functions proprietary to the RTC drivers into "Classic API" driver
calls, which can then be accessed through the I/O manager API. Among
others benefits, this will clean up that interface (no longer a
proprietary function set).

Accessing these drivers with the POSIX standard functions
(open/read/write/close) will then be possible without problem.

Please note: we are NOT talking about SW timers, we are taking about the
hardware device "Real-Time-Clock".

Do you have a pointer to a proper POSIX API to access such a device?

wkr,
Thomas.