Storing Variables in EEPROM instead of RAM

Aleix Conchillo Flaqué aconchillo at ice.csic.es
Mon Nov 23 15:07:11 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 15:57, Leonard Bise <leonard.bise at syderal.ch> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First of all I'm still a novice at this so I hope my questions won't be too
> stupid.
>
> What I'm trying to achieve is to place variables in EEPROM instead of RAM at
> the moment of the linking.
> What would be the easiest way to achieve this?
>
> I hope you can help me thanks in advance.

I've never tried to save runtime program variables in EEPROM, but you
might want to look at the linker scripts.

http://sourceware.org/binutils/docs-2.20/ld/Scripts.html#Scripts

You will find lots of linker scripts in RTEMS (for different
platforms). Search for linkcmds files.

But I think modifying the linker scripts requires a bit of wisdom. May
be there's another, easiest, way to do it.

Cheers,

Aleix