Storing Variables in EEPROM instead of RAM

Mon Nov 23 16:12:36 UTC 2009

On 11/23/2009 08:57 AM, Leonard Bise wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First of all I'm still a novice at this so I hope my questions won't
> be too stupid.
>
> What I'm trying to achieve is to place variables in EEPROM instead of
> RAM at the moment of the linking.
> What would be the easiest way to achieve this?

Normally the linker script deals only with memory that is
easy to load into.  If EEPROM requires special programming
to write (which I think it should), then you will have to go through
some special procedure.  You might be able to arrange this but
whatever loads your program will have to recognize the address
range of EEPROM (vs RAM) and do the right thing).