Netwroking problem

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Wed Oct 7 16:55:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

My application (PPC, rtems 4.8) receives data sent by PC (in this case) as UDP
packages of 1400bytes. I have 1 second timeout set with
setsockopt (so, SOL_SOCKET, SO_RCVTIMEO, &tv, sizeof tv)
The PC sends data at about 800kB/s rate.

Everything works fine for an arbitrary period of time.
At some moment, my recvfrom operation exits with -1 while errno is set to 11.
Then the operation continues and the error may occur again several times.

When I check the traffic in wireshark sniffer I see that the largest interval
between packets was about 40ms.

What is the cause of this error 11?

A lot of thanks ahead for a help.
--