ANN: Upgrading rtems-4.10-gcc to gcc-4.4.2-RC-20091008

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Oct 9 05:30:14 UTC 2009

Hi,

Due to us gradually approaching an rtems-4.10 release, we are currently
closely following the FSF releases of the toolchain components.

As the GCC project is rapidly approaching a new release from the
gcc-4.4.x series, which we want to base a future rtems-4.10 toolchain
on, I am about to upgrade the rtems4.10 toolchains' gcc packages to the
latest FSF release candidate: gcc-4.4.2-RC-20091008.

RPMs for Fedora-10/11/12, openSUSE-11.0/11.1 and CentOS-5, and tarballs
for mingw32 and cygwin will be gradually landing in their corresponding
repositories on ftp.rtems.org in near future (throughout the next 24
hours, if everything works out as desired).

Linux-users, who have these repositories enabled, will automatically
receive these new packages.

Please test these packages for your favorite GCC bugs and report issues
to upstream FSF gcc, ASAP - Chances a low to get anything fixed at this
point in time ;)

According to upstream FSF GCC, the release-candidate tarballs these
packages are based on, are supposed to be supposed to be followed-up by
GCC-4.4.2 final, which the FSF expects to be released next week.

Thanks,
     Ralf