Weird happenings with printf.

Thomas Dörfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Wed Oct 7 14:24:30 UTC 2009

Nick,

it really depends on the debug method you are using. In many systems,
gdb will set a global breakpoint when doing high-level steps. And IF
your task gets rescheduled (which may happen during debug and WILL
happen e.g. when waiting for interrupt-driven IO), then another task may
hit the breakpoint that has been laid out for YOUR task.

Setting task-specific breakpoints may help. Making sure, that only one
task enters the functions to be debugged will also help.

Hope this helps :-),

Thomas.