Using smc91111.c on powerpc and libchip/network questions

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Sep 3 07:09:51 UTC 2009

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Peter Dufault wrote:
[...]
>> 2. The driver uses "old-style exception processing".  I'll replace the
>> set_vector() call with the appropriate BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler()
>> call,  what other changes?  Why do some of the routines have
>> conditional BSP_SHARED_HANDLER_SUPPORT to install
>> BSP_install_rtems_shared_irq_handler() instead? If that's the right
>> thing to do why isn't it done at a lower level?
>>

> History.  And no one has either (a) figured how how to
> do it or (b) not been willing/able to implement their idea. :)
>
> If you have an idea in this area, we would be happy to
> see it implemented.  It would be a great clean up.
>
> FWIW if there an answer to this that I am not aware of,
> please speak up. :)

This is already cleaned up (the mpc55xx was the first BSP that uses this, it is
required here due to the nearly 400 interrupt sources):

http://www.rtems.com/doxygen/cpukit/html/group__rtems__interrupt__extension.html

./cpukit/include/rtems/irq-extension.h

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/include/irq-config.h

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/include/irq-info.h

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/include/irq-generic.h

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/irq-shell.c

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/irq-legacy.c

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/irq-generic.c

./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/irq-info.c
./c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/irq-server.c

The interrupt handler type will change in the near future from

typedef void(*rtems_interrupt_handler)(rtems_vector_number, void *);

typedef void(*rtems_interrupt_handler)(void *);

or a union that contains the type above.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9