Help needed for Blackfin eZKit533 BSP
kandzia at rcs.ei.tum.de
Fri Sep 25 19:15:06 UTC 2009
Hello RTEMS community,
A student doing her diploma thesis and I have been trying to build RTEMS for
the Blackfin BF533. We have an ADZS-BF533-EZLITE board and want to use the
What I did:
- Setup MinGW/MSYS environment
- Install precompiled bfin-rtems tools
- Compiled rtems-4.9.2 (from
RTEMS and the extra examples
well, but I have had no success executing the hello world executable in
skyeye or the real hardware.
Skyeye just exits with a segmentation fault. For the real hardware I use a
Wiggler cable and gdbproxy + gdb. This combination works perfectly for
loading and executing non-rtems elf files produced with bfin-elf toolchain.
I had no success executing any of the rtems executables that way.
I hope that there is someone out there who is running the eZKit533 BSP on
real hardware. I would like to know the following:
- Which exact version of RTEMS you were using
- Which version of precompiled tools (if any) and which Host OS
- How did you load the executable (u-boot / Jtag, which one)
- Could you perhaps send me a hello.exe (or similar) that has successfully
been executed on the EZKit? This would help me find out wether my
executables or the way I try to execute them are(is) broken.
More information about the users