Porting RTEMS to an Freescale MC9328MX21 with ARM926EJ-S based chip

Sat Sep 26 13:14:28 UTC 2009

xu ray wrote:
> I think you might want to check CSB336 in ARM BSP dir first.
> The old CSB336 is design for MC9328MXL, it would be very similar with
> the MC9328MX21. A quick and dirty way for you would be changing csb336
> directly.
> Be sure to change the csb336.cfg in make dir for the arm926ej.
> (although the binary code might be the same with arm920t)

Thanks Xu!

In this case, you are looking at a "bsp variant".  A couple of
variant examples:

  + gen5200 has a number
  + csb337 has csb637

There is an autoconf macro in rtems/aclocal which says which
alternate names are acceptable.

This would leave you just looking for differences between the
csb336 and your BSP.  The differences are likely subtle and
again MicroMonitor source is known to work so a good reference.

But a basic BSP isn't that hard given working source as a reference.

--joel