How to add a compile time configuration option to something in cpukit?

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Thu Sep 3 11:50:17 UTC 2009

On 09/03/2009 01:41 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Sorry now I am a little confused.  What is the connection to multilibs
>>> if I can
>>> enable or disable DNS support in the FTP client?
>>>

>> Here:
>>

>>>    I want to add a configuration option to disable this
>>>   feature.  Can I add this with RTEMS_CPUOPT in cpukit/configure.ac?
>>>
>> "cpukit/configure.ac"
>>

> So it is officially impossible to customize the cpukit via configure options?

Very oversimplified, more or less, yes.

Cpukit shares the same philosophy as "libc". Only global compile time
options are allowed (e.g. optimization levels, enabling/disabling global
features (.e.g. networking, profiling, ...), etc. ).

Per target/per bsp flags are not permitted, because they will be
non-functional in multilib'ed configurations.

Ralf