How to add a compile time configuration option to something in cpukit?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Sep 3 12:00:38 UTC 2009

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 09/03/2009 01:41 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>>> Here:

>>> "cpukit/configure.ac"
>>>

>> So it is officially impossible to customize the cpukit via configure
>> options?
>>
> Very oversimplified, more or less, yes.
>
> Cpukit shares the same philosophy as "libc". Only global compile time
> options are allowed (e.g. optimization levels, enabling/disabling global
> features (.e.g. networking, profiling, ...), etc. ).
>
> Per target/per bsp flags are not permitted, because they will be
> non-functional in multilib'ed configurations.

This is in the same category than profiling or debug support.  You can create a
cpukit that has the same functions, but one supports

open("/ftp/anonymous at www.rtems.com/robots.txt")

and the other one supports only

open("/ftp/anonymous at 67.63.146.250/robots.txt")

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9