Problem with GCC 4.5.0 and canadian cross compilation

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Apr 14 08:46:18 UTC 2010

On 04/13/2010 05:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 04/13/2010 03:49 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
[...]
>> The standard MinGW tool chain from:
>>
>> ftp://www.rtems.com/pub/rtems/mingw32/4.11
>>
>> does not seem to have this problem.
> What is it that you can't use them?

I need a C++ standard library without exceptions due to memory size limitations
of a target.

>>  Can someone give me a hint?   Which cross
>> compiler for Windows was used for the standard MinGW tool chain?
>
> Building a mingw32 or cygwin Mingw32->rtems cross-toolchain
> on Linux actually is triple-leaf Canadian Cross building
>
> This means, there are several toolchains involved:
> a) A linux native gcc
> b) A linux->mingw32 cross-toolchain
> c) A Linux->rtems cross toolchains
>
> The toolchains in
> ftp://www.rtems.com/pub/rtems/mingw32/4.11 are built on Fedora-13-i386
> and involve
> a) Fedora's native gcc
> b) Fedora's Linux->mingw32 toolchain
> c) My Linux->rtems toolchains
>
> Also, special care needs to be taken about dependency libs and about
> CFLAGS being used. My guess would be, when you check your logs you'd
> likely discover failures.
>
> Ralf

Thanks a lot for this explanation.  I was not aware that an available (via
$PATH) Linux->RTEMS tool chain will be used.  I thought that it will be
generated during the build process.  I updated the Linux->RTEMS tool chain and
started the Canadian Cross build again.  Now everything works pretty well.

CU

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6