How to load RTEMS application on MVME162

Till Straumann strauman at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 23 12:55:00 UTC 2010

On 23/04/10 07:24, AJAI KUMAR MEDHAVI wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have build RTEMS for M68K and MVME162 BSP using MinGW Tools for Windows.
> Now I want to load sample application - Hello.exe on MVME162. But problem
> is that my board MVME162 has flash/EPROM Memory of 1 MB, while the size of
> Hello.exe is 1.52 MB.
>

> There are two other files - Hello.ralf (Size 51 KB) and Hello.num (size 15
> KB).
>

> 1. I want to know what are Hello.ralf and Hello.num files

.exe is an ELF executable (can be much bigger than what is loaded on
the target. On some targets ELF can be loaded directly but not all
sections in an ELF file are loaded, e.g., debugging sections
or the symbol table are not).
.ralf is the binary that you download on the executable. The format is
target dependent. On a target that can load ELF .ralf and .exe may
be identical or .ralf may be a stripped-down version. On other
targets .ralf may be a pure binary or it may be composed of a pure
binary with a prepended 'mini-loader'.
.num is a symbol listing (output of 'nm')

HTH
-- Till