UART in RTEMS

Joris van Rantwijk jorisvr at sron.nl
Wed Aug 11 18:57:51 UTC 2010

On Wednesday, August 11, 2010 20:04:35 João Rasta wrote:
> ioctl seems not to be working for me, however cfsetospeed() sets the
> baud rate correctly.. This is why i'm not sure if ioctl and
> apbuart_register() is really needed, however the thruth is that i
> keep having RX errors.

Strange. What is your baud rate?
Maybe it is equal to the default baud rate by coincidence.

What is the name of the device that you open() ?

/dev/apbuartN refers to the apbuart driver.
It should not even exist before the call to apbuart_register().
It is not a termios driver, so tcsetattr() will not work.

/dev/console_X is unrelated to the apbuart driver.
It is a basic polling mode driver for the APBUART firmware core.
tcsetattr() is not supported, so there is no way to change
the baud rate away from the default setting.
Since it uses polling, it may have trouble keeping up with
RX rates above 38400 or so.

Greetings, Joris.