GUI Libraries, Frame Buffer and Input Devices

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Dec 15 15:03:39 UTC 2010

On 12/14/2010 11:54 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> [...]
> It can use the Linux frame buffer
> (Documentation/fb/framebuffer.txt) for graphics output.  For mouse, keyboard,
> touch, etc. access it uses the Linux input devices
> (Documentation/input/input.txt).  These device APIs are defined in
>
> #include <linux/fb.h>
> #include <linux/kd.h>
> #include <linux/input.h>
> #include <linux/vt.h>
[...]

To avoid GPL implications we can use the files from the Bionic libc used by the
Android project, e.g.

http://lxr.e2g.org/source/bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/fb.h

Any opinions whether or not we should use the Linux APIs to access mouse,
touch, keyboard, and frame buffer devices?

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 18 90 80 79-6
Fax     : +49 89 18 90 80 79-9