Networking in 4.10

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Feb 16 23:35:54 UTC 2010

On 2/17/2010 6:04 AM, Leon Pollak wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I succeeded to compile netdemo and it does not work at all.
> While my application, which initializes ethernet in an old 4.8.0 fasion
> answers to the ARP packets and to SOME of ICMP packets.
>
> Obviously, there is some difference in initialization, which allows the
> application to work partially, but for netdemo is not sufficient at all.
>
> Please, gurus - what have been changed in network initializing from 4.8.0 to
> 4.10? Please! :-)

The wiki lists major changes. I see nothing that indicates anything
specific.

Is this your BSP and driver or is this a standard BSP in the source tree ?

If it is your driver a newer compiler may be optimising the code and if
something needs to be volatile and is not drivers can break.

Also 4.10 has an extended shell. I strongly suggest you run the shell
with the networking commands enabled. It will provide a valuable
debugging aid.

Chris