Recent rtems-4.10 GCC updates

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Mon Feb 15 11:56:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I realize, I should have announced this earlier ... but better late than
never ;) :

The last rtems-4.10 toolchain update introduced a 2 major changes:

1) Abandoning -qrtems-debug

This change very likely will be permanent.

2) Some targets (arm, i386, m68k, mips, powerpc) have been changed to
use 64bit "off_t".

=> On these targets, this toolchain is ABI and API incompatible to all
previous toolchain releases.

For now, this change is considered to be experimental, because the SC
wants to add support for 64bit file-access and we currently are
evaluating different approaches.

Please report issues or problems you are facing, ASAP.

Ralf