RTEMS crash with error 18 (RTEMS_CALLED_FROM_ISR) again.

Wed Feb 17 22:54:35 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 03:39 PM, Nick Thomas wrote:

>> Hmmm... in 4.7.x, it is possible that the stack checker is using printf
>> which would be trying to lock a mutex.  It was changed to printk() some
>> time past that point. Do you have stack checking on?
>>
> No, stack checking off.
>
> I also see that irq_stub.S is where the _ISR_Nest_level and
> _Thread_Dispatch_disable_level is incremented/decremented.
> This is PowerPC specific, is there a known bug in this code for 4.7.1?

If it is it would be specific to that implementation.  Where is
that in the source?  Can you compare it to another BSP?  For
flow, I would look at what motorola_shared is using.  We know
that worked for 4.7.x.
> There are some compiler conditionals in there, like PPC_USE_SPRG and
> PPC_USE_DATA_CACHE. Not sure which of those is used in my system. I will
> look through the assembly code :~ .

If PPC_USE_SPRG is not in sync throughout the IRQ code and
cpukit code, then that would be a possible cause.