RTEMS initializing stack size

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Thu Jan 7 10:56:39 UTC 2010

Hello, all.

The cpu_supplement.pdf states in para 7.6.2 the following (about BSP):
- Must set stack pointer (sp or r1) such that a minimum stack size of MINI-
MUM_STACK_SIZE bytes is provided for the RTEMS initialization sequence.

Now, when I search the RTEMS source tree for MINIMUM_STACK_SIZE, I can not
find something looking "normal"...:-)

Besides, I found some strange definition:
..c/src/lib/libcpu/powerpc/rtems/powerpc/powerpc.h defines
PPC_MIMMUM_STACK_FRAME_SIZE as PPC_STACK_ALIGNMENT, which is 8 or 16...???

Just to be precise: I am speaking about the stack area required by RTEMS at
its initialization phase, before the first context switch.

Thanks ahead for clarifications.
--
Leon