Network setup problem in a x86 target (RTEMS 4.9.2)

Angel.Munoz.Cantera at esa.int Angel.Munoz.Cantera at esa.int
Wed Jan 20 14:55:03 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Apologies if this question has been posed before.

I am trying to get a workable environment for RTEMS-Apps development (rev.
4.9.2). The target CPU is a Pentium M, 1.4 GHz (x86 architecture) in a
PC104 which is going to be part of an embedded system for robotic
applications. Everything works fine, including the upload of the image
from the host with Etherboot, except for the network setup on the target..
Oddly, the network commands (ifconfig, netstats, route) are missing in
RTEMS "shell" (I'm using the fileio.exe demo application). I have changed
the network driver in the bsp.h (libbsp of pc386)  to ne2000, as this is
the only one which does not crash  when running the "netdemo" apps, but
anyway no network commands can be found in the shell.

Configuration flags: - - target = i386-rtems4.9   - - enable-networking -
- enable-rtemsbsp="pc386"  - - prefix=/opt/rtems-4..9/

In fact I've tried configuring the system for all the available bsps, with
no success at all. The network interface of the target is a Fast Ethernet
10/100, Intel 82562 chipset.
BTW, I get compilation errors if I add the symbol
CONFIGURE_SHELL_COMMANDS_ALL_NETWORKING to fileio/init.c or even to
shellconfig.h.

Do you think it is a driver-related problem or should I change other
parameters in a configuration file?
Any help is greatly appreciated.