SPARC interrupt masking was Re: context switch and interrupts

Wed Jan 6 17:43:19 UTC 2010

On 01/06/2010 10:28 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Joel,
>
> Thank you, I think I see where and why I got confused.  I have been
> using the SPARC cpukit as the basis for my port, and it appears to
> always enable interrupts during the restore phase of the context
> switch.  I avoided that choice in my implementation, and now need to
> figure out what is the best thing to do.
>
> I guess the original SPARC port solely relies on the interrupt level
> for masking out interrupts -- the sparc processor has both an
> interrupt enable/disable bit, and a processor interrupt level. Would
> it be better to turn on the interrupt bit in _CPU_Context_Initialize
> while setting the processor interrupt level, or to emulate the SPARC
> port and always enable interrupts and let the interrupt level
> determine whether the processor actually takes one?

I have a simple rule on the SPARC.  Jiri knows best. :-D

There are some subtle issues on the SPARC related to this
topic.  Jiri.. could you help out here?

My gut feeling is to follow the original SPARC32 code.

Thanks.

--joel

>>> Gedare