Problem when suspending a task.

Eric Norum wenorum at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 6 19:52:49 UTC 2010

On Jan 6, 2010, at 7:32 AM, Nick Thomas wrote:

> OK, I understand that, and I appreciate the responses so far.
>
> But, the documentation clearly states that rtems_task_suspend(rtems_id id);
> can suspend the caller or another task!

Yep, RTEMS provides lots of options.
This happens to be one that fits in the category of, "just because you *can* do something it doesn't mean that you "*should*" do something"..   ;-)

There may be times when it's appropriate to suspend/destroy another task, but you have to take into consideration all the possible side effects of doing so.

> But, the internals of my BSP might not be very forgiving for such a thing.
>

> I will try to re-design so as to avoid suspending a task from another task,
> and see how that goes./

I hope that this doesn't overly complicate your application.
--
Eric Norum
wenorum at lbl.gov